Green Medical Marijuana Bud
, a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, Green Medical Marijuana Bud
manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Green Medical Marijuana Bud has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, Green Medical Marijuana Bud employs over 400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. Green Medical Marijuana Bud was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s CA Business. More information is available at https://www.greenmedicalmarijuanabud.com
The Grow Specialist provides manual labor to support the activities and operations of the Grow Department, while abiding by laws, rules, policies, procedures and operational guidelines.
- Execute and complete assigned tasks, projects and expectations of the Grow Department in accordance with GTI’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Harvesting plants and documenting in State traceability program
- Big leafing plants and documenting in State traceability program
- Potting plants
- Managing waste and documenting in State traceability program
- Maintain open communication with management team and co-workers.
- Report employee issues or product situations.
- Abide by GTI and grow department’s safety policies.
- Follow all SOPs, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, especially with direct supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Basic math skills.
- Understand applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to work independently throughout a workday with given directives.
- Valid driver’s license or State ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing/laborer experience preferred.
- Previous agricultural experience preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over, and/or crouching.
We can’t wait to meet you!